IEEE MIPR 2021 will take place in Tokyo, Japan on
March 22-24, 2021 September 8-10, 2021 (https://www.mipr2021.org). The conference will provide a forum for original research contributions and practical system design, implementation, and applications of multimedia information processing and retrieval. At this time, we invite you to propose special sessions for MIPR 2021. Special sessions supplement the regular program for MIPR 2021. They provide new and emerging topics in the fields of multimedia information processing and retrieval. Each special session should provide an overview of the state-of-the-art and highlight important research directions in a field of special interest to MIPR participants. Each Special Session should be a focused effort rather than defined broadly.
Each special session should consist of about 5 oral papers with authors from at least three independent institutions. The session organizers will be responsible for the selection of these papers. Special session papers can be invited or submitted. They will supplement the regular research papers and be included in the proceedings of MIPR 2021.
- Title of the special session
- Session abstract (approximately 100 words), with stating the importance of the topic and the rationale for the session
- Names and affiliations of the organizers (including brief bios and contact information)
- List of potential authors committed to submit paper (including a tentative title and a 300-word abstract for each paper)
Once the proposal has been approved, it is the duty of the organizers to publicize their special session among researchers and practitioners in each session field. The organizers will organize the review process as below.
- Establish an independent program committee for your Special Session (SS-PC).
- Assign 3 reviewers through SS-PC to each submitted paper.
- Arrange a draft of peer-reviewed result for each paper, and suggest it to the program co-chairs and special session co-chairs (the final judgment is achieved by program co-chairs).
If a proposal is not accepted, potential papers in that proposal can still be submitted to regular track. If a significant number of the papers are rejected after peer-review for an approved Special Session, this Special Session may be cancelled or merged to other sessions.
Those who are interested in organizing a special session should submit a proposal with the above requirements by email to the Special Session co-chairs (email@example.com), and all the papers in the special sessions should follow the same style as the regular MIPR 2021 papers.
- Proposal deadline: September 23, 2020
- Proposal notification: September 30, 2020
- Paper deadline: November 20, 2020
- Notification: December 25, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: January 8, 2021